Also, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. Not ridiculous or anything, I mean... look at my bedroom if you're wondering. But when I get a manicure or something, I will take the nail polish off every finger and redo the paint job if one nail chips. (OCD, I think, would be more accurate, but we'll go with "perfectionist" because it sounds a little nicer.) Also, I fancy myself somewhat of a Martha Stewart when it comes to cooking. I want my meal to look beautiful as well as taste delicious. I will critique the presentation of other people's foods, sadly. If cook books came with pictures, I'd know how to put my stuff together, and make the presentation fun.
Thank goodness for the cook books that do put in pictures. I need to find, and buy and collect, these. I like to see the pictures and decide what I'm going to eat based on those pictures.
And that, people, is what grinds my gears.
I completely agree with you. And did you right this while I was getting my nails done and being a "perfectionist"? lol.
ReplyDeleteAlmost all or most of MY cookbook have pictures in them, maybe not every page or recipe but the more inticing ones show what they look like.
PS. the Williams-Sonoma cookbook (cololection) usually has pictures with every recipe, and they make it look uber fancy too.
And the Sopranos cookbook I got for 2.99 Is an "Entertaining with Sopranos" So its very Martha Sweart like. And it included holidays
ReplyDelete