Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome!


Since I already have a blog, over at my sweet escape, I decided to start this one to chronicle my transformation from lazily unemployed and helpless to hopefully employed and helpful.

For those who don't follow my other blog, my name is Stephanie. I'm currently happily married to Gordon, (currently) a 2LT in the US Army. We are now at the whim of the Army, moving where ever they tell us, when they tell us. Currently we reside in the deep south Georgia, while hubby trains. Next stop: Germany, where we'll live and love for three years. As exciting as that opportunity sounds, and is, it is still the cause of many nerves and butterflies. Being born and bred south Floridian, I'm not quite used to the winters I'm sure I'll have to endure enjoy in Germany.

At the moment, I'm currently an unemployed Social Studies education and History major, looking for a teaching job but obviously not finding one here. This will chronicle the activities I'll attempt indulge in while I search for a job, including cooking and recipes tried, crafts attempted, and how I try to turn our house into a home.


The name of this blog was born out of my favorite pass-time when I visit home (aka, Florida). Since high school, every time I go to my best friend and twinny's house, no matter where they try to steer me, I always end up sitting on her kitchen floor. Every chance we get, we go, sit, drink, and love each other (in a non-sexual way , pervs) on that kitchen floor.

No matter where I go, I end up in the kitchen. Even at my (absolutely amazing) sister-in-law's house, I spend most of my time sitting in her kitchen, watching her and desperately attempting to learn from her how to cook. The kitchen is the center of the home, in my opinion, and therefore the place where the *magic* happens (again, not that way!).

Many a day we've spent sitting, and discussing, in that kitchen, and though my kitchen floor is no where near as comfy as Katie's, nor as expertly used as Kyra's, that (I'm determined) will become the center of my home.

Follow as I try...



More background for my blog's title

No comments:

Post a Comment